Why choose industrial dry steam cleaning over other cleaning methods?
Factories get dirty. Whether you’re producing food, medication, or other consumables where high standards of cleanliness are essential, you need to have a rigorous cleaning regime in place. So do you choose traditional cleaning methods or opt for an innovative dry steam cleaning approach?
In this blog, we will give you a breakdown of the features and benefits of using a dry steam cleaner compared to other cleaning methods…
It’s quicker, easier and cheaper
Traditional cleaning methods tend to involve consumables in the form of chemical cleaning agents, and require a lot of labour and time. The amount of time cleaning takes has a direct impact on productivity – the longer a conveyor line is out of action for cleaning, the less product can be processed and dispatched.
Depending on the cleaning task, if you dry clean conveyors using KHD belt cleaning technology:
- Cleaning can take place during production, avoiding costly downtime.
- Cleaning an entire conveyor belt can be done in a fraction of the time.
- One operator can run and monitor the equipment, meaning fewer staff numbers and hours are required for the task.
- Equipment can be customised to your setup and needs and/or be portable, to make it as flexible and convenient as possible to carry out conveyor belt cleaning.
- You only need water and electricity to run an industrial dry steam cleaner, so as well as saving money through increased productivity and efficiencies, you also have fewer consumables to buy.
- No drying time is required, again avoiding additional downtime.
It produces better results
While being more efficient and cost-effective, dry steam machines like those created by KHD are also much more effective at cleaning and sanitising manufacturing conveyor belts, for the following reasons:
- Dry steam is powerful enough to kill 99.9% of bacteria, tackle mould, and remove stains, grease and odour easily.
- Steam generation kills microorganisms in supply water (that could proliferate in wet cleaning operations), and the dry steam produced breaks down debris and kills microorganisms on the conveyor surface.
It’s better for the environment (and you)
Avoiding the use of chemical-based cleaning products has additional benefits to cost saving:
- The chemical components in non-natural cleaning products can be toxic to the environment and/or take a long time to biodegrade.
- The quantity of water needed (and the energy required to heat it) to use and wash away chemical cleaners is excessive compared to the amount of water required for steam cleaning.
- Chemical cleaners can be hazardous to health, on contact or inhalation. So dry steam cleaning can also improve your business’s health and safety standards.
KHD conveyor and steam cleaning technology
Our innovative products have been designed and manufactured as a direct solution to the challenges of conveyor belt cleaning, particularly for the food industry. With increasing automation and the use of continuous production lines, a system that avoids machine shutdown is invaluable to our customers. Do you want to know more about our products, or book an onsite demonstration? Get in touch today!